11 Mar 2012

Peter Jensen co-hosts film screening in Bethnal Green, London



Peter Jensen is co-hosting a film screening evening, followed by an audience Q&A session, in London with fashion film website Test, on the 15th of March between 7-10pm at the Town Hall Hotel in Bethnal Green. The designer known for his cute and kitsch aesthetic will be following in the footsteps of Roksanda Ilincic and Richard Nicoll as he takes part in the ninth monthly film screening by Test. Every month, Test invites a guest presenter to screen a film which has been a source of inspiration. This time, Jensen has chosen the 1987 British sex comedy drama "Rita, Sue and Bob Too!", which is set in 1980s working class Yorkshire life, but is simultaneously serious and light-hearted. Jensen said, 'I don't think I have ever laughed so much in my life. It had a profound effect on my life as it was really the final decision for me to move to and live in England.'

Later on, the audience will have the opportunity to inquisitively pry into the creative brain of Jensen in a Q&A style session. One intimately pleasant evening for the bargainous price of a pint of lager and chips, I know I prefer to be with Jensen than being in a dingy pub in a dark corner somewhere. Tickets are a fiver and bookable here.

See you there dolls!

(Photos thanks to Kris Atomic)

No comments:

Post a Comment